Marketing Manager Job
We Serve Our Communities Through Various Programs
For over 40 years Skyhawks Sports Academy (www.skyhawks.com) has provided skill-based sports programs for kids. We are best known for building confidence in beginning and intermediate players and helping them prepare for their next step in sports.
- Skyhawks skill-based offerings include camp and class formats for children ages 4 to 14
- SuperTots classes offer kids ages 2 to 5, game-based development opportunities across a variety of sports
- STEM Sports blends the science of sports with traditional skill-based instruction
Our mission is to teach life skills through sports. We operate in hundreds of communities across nearly 30 states, providing quality sports instruction to thousands of children every year. We teach the kids in our program the same life skills we embrace in our company culture: teamwork, leadership, respect, inclusion, and sportsmanship.Skyhawks Sports Academy is powered by Stack Sports (www.stacksports.com).Benefits/Perks
- Potential for a remote work lifestyle
- Home office setup budget and company-provided equipment
- Make a true impact on your community
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance options for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (no company match at this time)
- Parental leave
- Generous paid time off accrual, floating holiday and paid sick time
- Getting to catch your child’s ball game on a Tuesday and/or binge-watch March Madness
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification and Positive Coaching Alliance certification
RequirementsThe Position:Skyhawks Sports Academy is on the hunt for a dynamic and creative Marketing & Design Manager to join our team and help spread the word about our life-changing sports programs for kids. If you’re passionate about sports, love working with kids, and have a talent for marketing, this is the perfect opportunity for you!Skyhawks is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual with a growth mind-set, and strong people management skills.? As our Marketing and Design Manager you will be responsible for utilizing all available resources to effectively market Skyhawks and its affiliates to potential participants and partners. You will assist in the planning, coordination, and development of marketing-related activities across all mediums and will provide administrative support for daily operational activities of the marketing department. In this role you will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective marketing solutions for all aspects of the Skyhawks brand.General Responsibilities
- Support marketing needs of Corporate and Franchisee-owned territories.
- Assist in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all Marketing initiatives including but not limited to social media, promotional flyers, direct mail pieces, sales proposals, press releases, blogs, digital advertising, and email blasts.
- Social media management for Skyhawks accounts (Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) including content creation, page maintenance, and engaging our superfans.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Marketing Department.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the company website and search engine optimization
- Annual design of marketing-related pieces.
- Manage brand standards.
- Keep current with the latest marketing solutions.
- Assist with oversight and management of marketing interns.
- Oversee Corporate marketing budgets.
- Facilitate relationships with marketing-related vendors.
- Assist with strategic local/regional/national sponsorships.
Preferred QualificationsDue to our focus on customer service and lasting client relations, Skyhawks will only consider well-rounded individuals for employment. Employees must be able to master not only the business-related aspects of the industry, but also have the ability to work well with multi-faceted customers in a professional atmosphere. ?The following are specific attributes that are considered during our screening process:
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or a relevant field (i.e. Business or Communications) required
- At least 4 years marketing and graphic design experience
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and independent decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to view issues from a broad, strategic perspective and make judgment calls with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project-management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with deadlines across multiple mediums, consumer segments and distribution channels
- Strategic and critical-thinking skills
- Results and Details-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented personality that can work autonomously to achieve desired results
- Computer software proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Working knowledge in Google programs such as Analytics, Ads, and Tags Manager
- Experience with email marketing platforms (experience with Mail Chimp a plus)
- Experience with HTML and WordPress
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual base salary = $65,000
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Mileage reimbursement for all work-related driving
Job Location:The Skyhawks company headquarters are in Spokane, WA but this position can be based anywhere in the United States. Skyhawks will not support relocation expenses.We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.Equal Opportunity Employment PolicySkyhawks Sports Academy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees have been and will continue to be considered without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, ability, gender identity, or gender expression. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience, and previous work record. Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment – recruitment, selection, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation and benefits, layoff, recall, and termination.