Email Marketing Manager Job
The Email/SMS Marketing Manager is an important part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Director of Customer Retention. This role is responsible for developing and implementing our email and SMS marketing strategy and engaging with targeted audiences. This role also plays a critical part in customer retention and will own the development, deployment, and reporting processes for our email/retention program. This role will manage email and SMS production processes from beginning to end for each campaign to ensure proper segmentation, journey-creation, technical QA, deployment, and post-deployment checks.Responsibilities
- Develop effective email and SMS marketing plans to support product launches, product trends, brand initiatives, and business performance.
- Manage all email and SMS campaigns end-to-end, including planning, targeting, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization.
- Manage segmentation, content messaging strategy and cadence to deploy weekly & ad hoc emails and SMS messages that drive customer purchasing behavior.
- Write creative briefs that include key business objectives, expected results, and important messaging callouts to inspire copywriting and design teams in their creation of email and SMS assets.
- Assist in building new automated workflows and managing/optimizing existing flows.
- Maintain and own all transactional emails, including troubleshooting and redesign.
- Develop a strong QA process to ensure best-in-class execution of email & SMS campaigns to the right audience with the right message at the right time.
- Optimize results for email campaigns by testing subject lines, creative, copy, etc.
- Ensure high inbox deliverability rate for all email campaigns.
- Understand Shane Co customer behavior to build out key consumer segments and deliver the most relevant communications to each segment.
- Be the expert on email best practices, technologies, trends, and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Continually monitor and analyze KPIs; identifying trends, problems, opportunities, and shifts in behavior while iterating on existing campaigns to optimize each for maximum performance.
- Create reporting dashboards and custom reports analyzing campaign performance in order to provide actionable recommendations and deliver continuous improvements.
- Champion continuous advancement of our CRM features and capabilities including targeting and personalization in collaboration with multiple stakeholders; development teams, designers, operations, business teams and more.
- Stay current with best practices, limitations, strategies, and industry standards related to database marketing.
- Work and collaborate very closely with marketing, eCommerce and operations teams as well as keep them up to date on all push communications (email, SMS, etc.).
- 4+ years of email and database marketing with emphasis on lead generation; eCommerce or retail experience preferred.
- 3+ years of email marketing automation experience with setup of triggered and nurture email campaigns. This includes tracking of user preference and behavior for segmentation and one-to-one marketing.
- 2+ years of SMS marketing experience; eCommerce or retail experience preferred.
- Experience conceptualizing and creating emails, landing pages, forms and reports.
- Databased experience; segmenting, targeting, pulling and scrubbing lists.
- Basic HTML; be able to update existing templates with content changes and personalization.
- Proficient in email marketing automation programs, graphics programs, Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management capabilities, including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies and risk factors.
- Strong analytical capability accompanied by oral/written presentation skills with ability to work effectively with people including business owners.
- Strong and insightful operational skills.
- Ability to execute quickly and with high-quality while handling multiple tasks in a fast paced environment requiring project prioritization.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
Link to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3433300976
*Not affiliated with FISDM*